Friday, July 25, 2008

Teribl Txtr

We're announcing a program for katclothing.com clients where they can sign up to receive information about sales, new items, etc., via text.

This is laughable to me because I am a terrible texter. I mean, teribl txtr. I don't excel at this techno art for a few reasons.

First, I have two-ton thumbs. Seriously, my thumbs are enormous. They don't make the numbers on a phone or crackberry big enough for these whoppers. I wear a size 14 shoe. What's the likelihood of me having dainty hands?

Next, I'm s-l-o-w. I have friends who can text all of "War and Peace" before I can get through, "c u soon."

Finally, and I know this is nerdy, but the whole text vernacular and lingo doesn't jive with me. It's okay to spell words wrong. Punctuation is an after-thought. And, sentences don't require a subject and a verb.

If we find a misspelling on katclothing.com, it literally haunts me for days. The thought of doing it intentionally makes me bristle. And, I happen to like punctuation!!!!!!

I was a little resistant to IM when it was introduced and now I love it. So, I expect my attitude about texting will change, too. Just know if you send me a text, it make take a while to get a response from Two-Ton.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kat,

It was great meeting you today.

The shop is amazing! I am so excited to be a part of it.

Best wishes for a great weekend.

truly,

Sylvia C.

(P.S. I text in full sentences, too.)
;)

Michele said...

It's the writer in you. I can't type the lingo either. It kills me. I have to edit as I go.