Sunday, January 3, 2010

Winter blues

The holidays were great. I saw family.

I watched movies. (Loved the Hangover. Julie & Julia? Not so much.)

I read. (Finished "The Lost Symbol" By Dan Brown. "Angels & Demons" is still my fave though this book had an interesting twist at the end.)

Watched way too much "Falalala Lifetime."

Hit the gym (I was there at 8 a.m. on NY Day, thank you!)

And, shopped. (Try Lucy for tall running pants.)

So, what's with my crabby mood?

In a word? Winter.

My tolerance for the cold expires New Year's Day. On Jan. 2, I expect the sun to shine, my air conditioner to click on and the pool to open.

But, it's not happening that way. At least not in KC.

I'm done with snow. I don't own a pair of boots. Well, let me clarify: I don't own a pair of functional snow boots. Sassy boots with pointy toes and three-inch heels, yes. Moon boots, no.

And, while I love, love coats, I typically buy em' based on how they look, not the level of down filling.

My bright orange Karl Lagerfeld coat bought last year at a thrift store is my favorite. (Talk about a find!) It's 3/4-sleeve and v-neck. It's 13 degrees today. So, while I love to wear it with all black and channel my inner Karl, I'm not sure it's what you call functional for sub-zero wind chills.

I keep telling myself, "Kater, you just have to make it to March. Then there will be glimpses of spring."

Yes, when talking to myself, I say Kater. And, no, it has nothing to do with me being cooped up in this house for too long.

I miss my bike. I'm done with the treadmill. I want to wear my favorite open-toe red snake heels.

I'm not usually this crabby. Really.

1 comment:

dominiquep said...

I totally feel your legitimate pain. When I have to start wearing socks instead of fishnet knee-highs (they are the best!) in October, I am ready to go South. I do have comfort with my chic fur coat, but I tell you, nothing is worth going outside for when it is below 50 degrees. How functional can life be, how stylish can one be, when you are freezing all the time. YUCK! I can't wait until we are neighbors with shared palms on our property line. How about we split a pool and a hot tub in the back?