Saturday, June 7, 2008

Super!

Today I received some super news. And, I mean super!

My husband revealed that he now weighs less than me. Isn't that super!?

That little bombshell prompted the following internal monologue:

"I must be preggers...or, I bet it's that new weight routine. Yes, yes, it must be all muscle. And, I'm really big boned....Or, I need to take my shoes off when I weigh. Yes, and my jeans. And, all my jewelry and my socks....Why did I eat five cookies last night? @$%&!"

The ol' self-esteem took a little hit after I learned my feet were bigger than his. But, after a few sessions of talking to myself in the mirror saying, "I'm good enough. I'm strong enough and gosh darn it, people like me," I was able to move on.

But now here I sit shoving almonds in my mouth jealous of the fact that he spends 30 minutes on an elliptical machine, eats an entire medium pizza and abracadabra, he's 20 pounds lighter. While, Saint Me works out 6-7 days a week, eats right and still doesn't have to carry a spare tire in my trunk because there's one around my waist.

Super!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too funny Kat! Im 6" and weigh 195, which is Super for me as up till 7 mths ago I weighed 231! You go girl!